Project Manager / Site Supervisor
Northern Berkshire Habitat for Humanity
Williamstown MA USA
The Northern Berkshire Habitat for Humanity (NBHfH) is seeking a Project Manager to be
responsible for all new construction and repair projects in carrying out the mission of NBHfH to
work with families as they lift up their lives, by building safe, sound and affordable housing. This
individual leads the overall construction planning, budgeting, resourcing, and on-site
construction supervision. The position is part-time, and requires working and communicating
effectively with the Board of Directors, Building Committee, contractors and volunteers.
- Hold a valid unrestricted MA Construction Supervisor License.
- Competent Person Training (preferred) or other documented safety training.
- Five years minimum experience in the building trades. Previous experience supervising workers as lead carpenter, site supervisor or project manager.
- Knowledge of residential construction needed to oversee all aspects of building projects.
- Ability to plan, schedule, prioritize, coordinate, delegate, and manage multiple work activities.
- Ability to read and interpret standard residential construction blueprints and specifications.
- Ability to work with and supervise volunteers of all ages, from sixteen and up with different backgrounds.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Review construction documents for project buildability, cost, material resources, Habitat criteria and selection of subcontractors.
- Examine documents to ensure that design meets current IRC requirements.
- Develop a detailed project budget and schedule.
- Request bids from subcontractors and material suppliers and award contracts.
- Coordinate multi-party team of professional personnel, volunteers and contractors.
- Apply for necessary permits including, building permit, curb cut, sewer and water connections and sign permit and coordinate regulatory inspections (Electric and plumbing permits obtained by respective subcontractors.)
- Implement safety program and ensure appropriate trainings and inspections of tools and equipment.
- Procure tools and materials are available in timely manner for planned tasks. Be available to pick up materials for work days.
- Maintain reports and records such as information board with safety posters, 911 response, SDS binder, safety manual, instructions for volunteers, family sweat equity hours, daily work reports, release and liability forms, manufacturer’s installation and operating instructions for purchased items
Applications should be submitted to: email@example.com